Based in France
The Lone Blade is a 3D platformer where you are a soul trapped in a sword. The game takes place in the ruins of a world that once was yours. In order to redeem yourself, you will have to go through deserts, canyons, and temples... to the highest mountain. instead of being a human or human-like character, you embody a sword. The main interest of being a sword is exploring new ways of moving around and overcoming obstacles. Jump, dash, spin or spike to the ground and walls, in other words create your own path. The game takes place in the ruins of a world that once was yours, immersing the player in an uncanny universe: giants and folks trapped in the sand, humongous gates, staring eyewalls... The game is meant to be challenging, but not unfair or frustrating. The difficulty is a direct reflection of the game lore: the character need of redemption, and the struggle that it implies.
Everything started in november 2020 when Hugo came up with a really weird game concept : “Let’s make a game where you would play as a sword instead of playing with a sword”. Since we both like to try out stuff and original concept, it didn’t took us long before we got started with some prototypes.
- Unique Platformer: Jump dash spin as a sword in this 3D platformer
- Uncany World: Ascend throughout this fallen civilisation
- Memorable Soundtrack: Vocal/orchestral/Epic
- Environmental Storytelling: Discover a world ruined by the wrath of the gods
- Character Redemption Arc: Punished by the gods, the greedy one was locked up in the blade, his ascent will be his redemption
The Lone Blade - Teaser YouTube
The Lone Blade - GDWC TOP 6 YouTube
The Lone Blade - GDWC TOP 7 YouTube
The Super Rare Mixtape Vol.1 (includes The Lone Blade Demo) YouTube
Gameplay Video YouTube
The Lone Blade Early Demo - Interview [FR] YouTube
The Lone Blade Early Demo - Interview YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Second place in the Game Cup Booster category" September 29, 2022
- "Winner of the first Indie Platinum Award" December 1st, 2021
- "The Super Rare Mixtape Vol.1 is a curated collection of indies game from some of the best and brightest up and coming developers, including a wide variety of games/demos. to fit with its PC compilation disc/PS1 demo disc type vibes, we've partnered with teams behind some of the most exciting upcoming commercial indie games to provide playable demos including Billie Bust Up, CONSCRIPT, Grapple Dog, Pathogen-X, SkateBIRD, and The Lone Blade.
- Ryan Brown, Super Rare Games
- "Playing with this ninja-like sword is a lot of fun, but it’s also very challenging. I’m very curious to see further development of The Lone Blade. I do strongly believe this is a project with a lot of potential."
- Maui, Life Is Xbox
- "The Lone Blade is a 3D platformer which puts a unique spin on the platformer genre, where instead of playing as the wielder of the blade, you instead play as the blade itself."
- Kyle (Blooicide), 3-Bit
Youtube Channel Of "The Lone Blade" https:.
Weekly Newsletter About The Game Development Of "The Lone Blade" https:.
You Can Dowload Our Last Demo Of "The Lone Blade" On Our Steam Page https:.
About Opia Games
OPIA n. the ambiguous intensity of looking someone in the eye, which can feel simultaneously invasive and vulnerable. As a team of two we are focusing on creating peculiar games to share a picture of what's going on in our minds.
More information on Opia Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Lone Blade Credits
Sam (One Small Production) & Mélody Amant